These highly destructive pests infest Adelaide homes in large colonies to feed on timber frames, walls, under floorboards, and any other wood fittings within your house. With colony sizes ranging from 100,000 to 2 million termites, by the time you notice any signs of damage it is usually far too late.
In fact, a colony of 2 million termites is capable of entirely destroying a house within 2 years.
Fortunately, it’s not all bad news: there are some steps you can take to drastically reduce the risk of an infestation and safeguard your current or future home.
Termite prevention when building a home
At Allstate Adelaide we also provide moisture protection and concrete curing to further mitigate the risk of termites in the construction phase.
Speak with your builder about Allstate’s preconstruction division or contact us directly using the orange chat button.
Check for termites when buying a home
That’s why it’s essential to also get a separate pre-purchase timber pest inspection from a qualified termite professional.
Precautions when living in your existing home
- Repair any leaks immediately – moisture-compromised wood is a haven for termites
- Make sure you have sufficient drainage and grading to keep the soil surrounding your home dry
- Keep all plants, bushes and trees trimmed away from the house
- Don’t stack firewood against your house
- Book a termite inspection from a qualified pest control professional at least once every 12 months
Prevention is a whole lot easier than cure
Our termite control team at Allstate are some of the most experienced in Adelaide, and our dedicated pre-construction division helps builders keep homes protected from the beginning. Learn more about our termite services here.
Sort out your termite risk management today – click the orange chat button or speak to our friendly team on 8371 1277.