Pre-construction Termite Control & Building Service Division
Dedicated pre-construction division
Priority access for builders
Premium termite protection solutions
Kordon® Termite Barrier
Side-slab Moisture Protection
About Allstate’s Preconstruction Division
Allstate’s dedicated preconstruction division gives builders priority access to termite protection services – allowing them to safeguard their reputation from termite issues whilst keeping the construction process running smoothly.
Our building services division is headed up by licenced builder and pest controller Ty O’Shea, so you can be confident we have the expertise for almost any situation.
Protecting South Australian homes since 1986, we have a strong understanding of termite behaviour and South Australian construction methods. Our termite management systems use a range of premium products and application methods to make sure homes and commercial buildings are getting the best protection possible.
Our termite protection services include Kordon Termite Barriers by ENVU, concrete curing and slab edge moisture protection.
Termite Control Products
Kordon Termite Barrier
Kordon is a repellent termite barrier installed around a building to minimise the chance of a termite infestation. It is made in Adelaide and backed by ENVU, one of the world’s largest environmental science companies. Kordon has been extensively tested by the CSIRO and evaluated to have a durability and design life of 50 years, in line with the building life expectancy deemed by the Australian Buildings Code Board. Some of the key features of Kordon include:
- Suitable for all building applications
- Allergen-free and non-hazardous
Kordon comprises of polyester webbing containing a synthetic pyrethroid called deltamethrin. It is laminated between two UV stable low-density polyethylene plastic sheets.
How Kordon Works
Kordon is installed where termites may attempt to gain access into a building. The deltamethrin is highly repellent to termites and they will avoid close contact with it, instead seeking cellulose elsewhere or going around the Kordon whilst building their mud tubes. These will be detected during an inspection by a qualified timber pest inspector, who can then take steps to eliminate the termite colony before they can cause major damage.
When Kordon is not installed, termites can gain concealed access to buildings for long period of time, resulting in significant and expensive damage.
Each home that has Kordon installed is protected by the Limited Kordon Product Warranty, which covers the home for termite entry and damage in the case the Kordon Termite Barrier has been proven to fail.
ENVU, Kordon’s manufacturer, also offers Australia’s most comprehensive termite protection system – the ENVU Protection Program. If the building owner chooses to activate this, they will be protected by ENVU’s exclusive $1m warranty, covering all remedial action and repair should termites gain access to the home within the warranty period.
Kordon Termite Barrier
Our expert team is ready to help you now
Side Slab Moisture Protection
Moisture Barrier Products
Allstate uses Ardex WPM 300, Deep Cure, Xypex Concentrate and Homeguard Protectacote.
- Ardex WPM 300 – Ardex WPM 300 is a two-component water-based epoxy moisture barrier, which prevents slab edge dampness and efflorescence. It has excellent adhesion and can be applied to freshly laid concrete.
- Deep Cure – Deep Cure is an environmentally friendly, non-toxic and odourless water-based compound. Deep Cure penetrates into the surface of the slab and reacts with the free alkaline in the concrete, forming a gel that prevents water migrating into or out of the slab.
- Homeguard Protectacote – HomeGuard Protectacote is a waterproof and termite resistant barrier used around the perimeter of new slab-onground structures and extensions to existing structures. HomeGuard Protectacote is an acrylic polymer latex composition with a high loading of inorganic fillers. On curing, it forms a tough, flexible, termite resistant and waterproof film. Its active ingredient is Bifenthrin.
- Xypex Concentrate – Xypex Concentrate is a chemically active waterproofing compound. It stops water from penetrating its surface by causing a catalytic reaction that produces a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores of the concrete.
Concrete curing is the process of controlling moisture loss after concrete is poured, to reduce the risk of cracking and maximize the concrete’s strength and durability. Reducing cracking will also ensure the slab’s efficacy as a termite barrier.
Appropriate curing methods are highly recommended when there is low humidity, strong winds and/or the temperature exceeds 26°C.
- Concrete Curing Products – Allstate use Rendacure, a water-based curing compound which is sprayed or rolled directly onto freshly laid concrete. Rendacure dries clear, is wax and solvent free and will not affect after trades.
We provide repairs for cracks, tie holes and other defects in concrete.
- Concrete Repair Products – Allstate uses XYPEX PATCH’N PLUG, a specially designed hydraulic cement compound for concrete patching and repair. It is fast-setting, non-shrink, and high-bond-strength. We also use a range of Ardex Products designed for different uses. These products are a high-strength, rapid setting two-part system to repair concrete
Our Preconstruction Team
Joshua is Allstate’s Construction Administrator, and is passionate about providing exceptional service to our customers.
He handles quoting, invoicing, and collaborating with builders and customers to meet their needs.
Having gained experience as an estimator and a customer service representative, Joshua prides himself on being helpful, a great communicator and committed to expanding his construction and pest control knowledge every day.
0437 296 372
Our on-site team of technicians is led by Sangha Chau. Sangha came to us from the automotive industry in 2015 and has since become an industry leader in Kordon installation, as well as being certified in waterproofing and side slab moisture protection. Sangha’s unwaveringly positive attitude, skill and dedication to any task makes him a model team member and the envy of all our other departments.